Sample cover letter for USA visitor visa extension. Following is a sample letter or template for requesting a visitor visa or tourist visa extension. This letter is written and submitted by the applicant to USCIS for extension of visitor visa status and submitted with an affidavit of support (Form I-539). You can modify it as per your requirements and information.
You can also download the MS-Word Format of this letter for visitor visa extension here.
2501 S. State Highway 121
Business Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
RE: Extension of B Visa Status
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am enclosing Form I-539 (Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status) with supporting documents for extending my non-immigrant status in US.
Current visa valid until: [Date]
Extension requested for: [x] months
New validity date: [New Date]
[State a valid applicable reason for extension, such as the following:]
- I have recently been diagnosed with [medical condition] and I have an operation scheduled at [hospital] on [date]. Please see attached letter from [Name of doctor].
- My son has recently been engaged and the wedding will be held on [Date]. I would like to be able to attend his wedding.
- I have some extended family members and friends on the East Coast and would like to visit them in the upcoming months.
- Enclosed, please also find the following documents for your review:
- Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, valid through [date].
- Copy of passport bio-data and visa pages.
- Copy of return airline tickets
- Affidavit of Support (Form I-134), and bank statements.
At the conclusion of [the event], I will promptly depart the U.S. I request you to approve my application for extension of stay.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at [number] or [email].
[Applicant's US Address]