close

Thread: Hi Friends, how to track the visa status with US consulate & passport!!

Post Hi Friends, how to track the visa status with US consulate & passport!!

Hi Friend,

Can anyone knows, how to track the Passport delivery and also how to know the present Visa status with the US Consultate.

Look forward..

With Regards,
    Rao

Hi,

Log on to www.vfs-usa.co.in & click Track Passport Delivery option. Put ur Passport # & u'll get the details of ur Passport. If the passport still lies with consulate, it will show u that ur passport has not been handed over to VFS, else all the details will be mentioned.

Your 2nd question isn't r'lly clear enuf. Plz elaborate.

Thanks,
    Parik.

Dear Parik,

Thanq for your mail. And my 2nd question was How to know the status of the visa process with consulate. Anyhow i have observed answers for both from your answer.

With Regards,
    Rao

Lightbulb Hi Friends!! can anyone have an idea!!

Dear Friends,

Usually what could be the processing time ( once we send the documents thru VFS Drop box facility, when the VO asked to send thru VFS Drop Box). Pls i need your answers in this regard. Cos i have sent thru VFS Drop Box, i was nearly 15days over. And i have not received any Communication from the Consulate,chennai. Pls anyone having the same situation, kindly share your thoughts and experiences here...

And thru VFS Website, i could not get any updated message, it was the same. And the message can be displayed

" Your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Kindly contact our regional call centres or call our toll free no 18004 25 0025 for further queries. "

What should i do, in this regard.

Requesting members of all and Seniors here!! pls...

With Regards,
    Rao
    Last edited by srinkrao; 02-08-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Unhappy

Hi Rao,

Same is the case with me. I submitted all the required docs. to TTS on 30th jan but so far there is no update. I mailed to consulate to check update 2 weeks back and got reply that it will take another one week. But again around 2 weeks passed and no update.

Can anyone please update that generally how much time it takes?

Thanks
    Ram

Post latest update on vfs dropbox

Hi Ram,

Last week i called to VO, they said to me call them by next week and by today one week is over, and still i have not received any communication, as i am thinking that i can wait for another 2days time, and then i can call them for the visa status.

all of you friends, if any one gets status,
    pls post your experiences and answers..

Hope for the best,

Regards,
    Rao

All guys who were been asked to Drop the docs thru Drop box, Do not worry if the number of days exceed 2 weeks there is 80% chances od getting VISA for sure.

Unfortunately my cased is different.I have put my docs thru TTS Drop box I got courier in 4 days ..with my VISA getting rejected.at the same time a person dropeed docs along with me gor courier after a month with VISA approved.

So with this we can assume ..more the number of days chances are more.

SO plz do not worry guys...enjoy

Default How to track passport

Hi Friends,

I am my wife went for an interview in tuesday (8th June). The Visa was approved. When I check VFS site to track passport, for my Wife it says "Your passport has been handed over to courier" but for me it says, "your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Please contact our regional call centre". Can any one pls tell what this mean as my wifes passport has already been couriered but not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mehult View Post
    Hi Friends,

I am my wife went for an interview in tuesday (8th June). The Visa was approved. When I check VFS site to track passport, for my Wife it says "Your passport has been handed over to courier" but for me it says, "your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Please contact our regional call centre". Can any one pls tell what this mean as my wifes passport has already been couriered but not mine.
    The consulate has completed processing your wife's visa and handed the passport to VFS for delivery and yours is still under processing. Since your visa has been approved, nothing to worry about.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sudhamsh View Post
    The consulate has completed processing your wife's visa and handed the passport to VFS for delivery and yours is still under processing. Since your visa has been approved, nothing to worry about.
    Hi Friend,

Thanks for your reply...I got my passport today.