close

Thread: Tracking passport after visa's granted

Default Tracking passport after visa's granted

Hello,

My in-laws got the visa issued today (May 2 nd) at Chennai consulate. They tried to collect it on the same day, which they could not. Later for curiosity sake, I checked their passport status, under Tracking passport menu, in the www.vfs-usa.co.in website. It reports as:

" Your passport has not been handed over to VFS. Kindly contact our regional call centres or call our toll free no.18004 25 0025 for further queries.".

I'm worried & apprehensive, about this new status. Hope they don't have to undergo any more complications, additionally in getting visa. I also hope that this status in their website is a regular message, before the VFS issues the passport. Please correct my understanding.

Appreciate if you can share your experiences.

Thanks,
    Palsdevi

P.S: Their interview was very simple. My in-laws are farmers. In the interview, the consular officer, just asked only 2 questions.
    1. How many kids you have ?. Ans: 2
    2. Who is in USA ?. Ans: Daughter's family

Checked the 2 folders of itemized documents and granted the the visa. Our current status is permanent residents.

Dotn worry, most of the time these online messages are not correct.
    There are very slim chnaces of passport missing. If you do not receive the passport in next few days call VFS.
    -Murali
    Note: No Legal Advice.

Request : Please Like us at FaceBook: FaceBook with your friends.

Link of the day :
    Looking for Visitor Insurance ? Best and trusted resource for - Visitor Insurance for USA

New : Travel Guide to USA Best for Parents Visiting USA ( now available in multiple language)

Default abt trackign passport

hi
    That mesg means ur inlaw's passport not yet received by vfs.the online tracking works fine.once visa stamped and handover to them they will update.for my mum it takes 2days.

Hi ,
    i have a similar case.I had my visa interview today.3 may.During interview VO asked me few q.'s n then said ok u will get ur passport by courier in few days.Nothing else.Does that means i got visa?I tracked the passport link.It says u have an interview on 3rd may n u will get to know the status of ur passport after the interview .Its been 12 hrs now n im getting same message till now.Is it could be due to fact that site hasn't been updated till now?Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem.
    Last thing what is mininmum duration of visa which is been granted?I wrote in the application that duration of stay in US is for 15 days.

Hi ,
    i have a similar case.I had my visa interview today.3 may.During interview VO asked me few q.'s n then said ok u will get ur passport by courier in few days.Nothing else.Does that means i got visa?I tracked the passport link.It says u have an interview on 3rd may n u will get to know the status of ur passport after the interview .Its been 12 hrs now n im getting same message till now.Is it could be due to fact that site hasn't been updated till now?Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem.
    Last thing what is mininmum duration of visa which is been granted?I wrote in the application that duration of stay in US is for 15 days.
    thanks

Default Finally got it ....

Thanks for all your responses.

Just now I checked the VFS website and found out that the passport is ready to be collected from vfs. This is how it read:

"Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Chennai between 1600-1700 hours.
    Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport.
    If your passport is not collected by 1700 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier. "

Thanks for this website administrator and all the members who are helping others by replying to the queries and directing the friends to this website. Appreciate it very much.

I sincerely followed this website guidelines from the beginning to the end in getting this visa.

Thankfully,
    Palsdevi

Thats good news.

But were you able to collect the passport in the evening on the same day? Or was it sent to Blue Dart courier service?

Thanks!
    Prathyusha

Received the passport from the VFS center in person b/n 4 to 5 PM on the 3rd day after the visa was granted.