close

Thread: driver license without ssn

Default driver license without ssn

HI,

I came to usa on h1b this week, not yet applied for ssn, Is it possible to apply for Driver License without ssn?? Pls let me know

Thanks
    Ram

It is not possible to apply for Driving License without SSN. Also it depends on the state which you are living?

chicago, IL

as per my knowledge you just need two photo id for driving licence.SSN has nothin to do with licence otherwise no h4 people will get license.

Post SSN and H4

Hi,

I have a doubt if a person is on h4 then probably they wont have SSN but then can a person get a driving license ...even without SSN....also I am talking about NJ

For New Jersey DL -

6 Point Verification -

Valid US Visa - 4 Points
    SSN Denial Letter - 1 Point - Go to SSN office and get the SSN denial letter for H4 applicant.
    Address Proff - 1 Point Ask Primary H1 to talk to Health Insurance company to get Insurance verification letter stating insured's name and address.
    Apply for free checking account and get the address proof from the bank statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1
    Hi,

I have a doubt if a person is on h4 then probably they wont have SSN but then can a person get a driving license ...even without SSN....also I am talking about NJ
    In NJ, you can drive even without getting a valid NJ license if you have an Indian license with an International Driving Permit(IDP). There is, however a time frame for which you could drive without getting a valid NJ license while residing in NJ.

You can get a NJ license much easily with the 6-point verification and written exam if you have an IDP.