close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody got response from USCIS after review

Can the Visa Consulate give any other reason - like: potential immigrant - to reject a H1 Visa or is it strictly 221g?

Or does it mean that if USCIS recommends (even after 221g), the Consulate is under obligation to issue a visa unless the consulate wants to issue a 221g again?

Cheers

Default i got mail from consulate after re-affirmed

Hi! how r u doing?

On 6th june,2007,i got mail from USCIS like
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa
    processing.

On June 6, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the
    Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please
    contact them directly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I got mail from USCIS (re-affirmed case was shipped to Department of State for visa processing) .This message was sent to Chennai consulate and asked them about my H1B VISA case status. They replied me like this,
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whenever you receive a hard copy of the reaffirmed petition, you may come to the consulate on any Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10am and 12 o'clock with your 221(g) letter, DS forms, passports and updated documents."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

my question is what is the meaning of the hard copy of the reaffirmed petition?.please reply me about this message if you have any idea about it.

Nagaparvatham Pasumarti
    Mail Id : naga992@yahoo.com
    Mobile : 9290543868

Question Same is the case....has been sent to USCIS...Murali/Simran pls help

On July 2, 2007 your case has been sent for riview ....etc.,

What is the probability of getting thru ?
    What is the role of Employer ?
    My Employer seems to be neglecting the case...in this senario what is the best solution ?

Murali/Simran pls help me out

Thanks in Advance,
    Cooldude.

Question DOCS Sent back to USCIS after 221G....Simran/Murali and other seniors pls help

In This case the Employer is not all that active....

What are the possibilities of getting the docs back to Indian Consulate

What are USCIS Expectations from the Employer ?

Can we follow up or it is not recommended to do so with USCIS ?

Simran/Murali and others pls help.

Thanks in Advance.

Default Return to USCIS cases takes atleast 1-2 years

All,

This is what i learnt from the lawyer. The cases returned to USCIS will take good 1-2 years. Almost a year over for me. No updates so far.

My employer tried to sort through senator. Senator's office accepted the request and asked for all details. But, it is of lower priority. Might take them few months to follow through. I think, it is better to move forward with different H1 or different category of visa.

Regards
    S Kumar
    P.S: The comment i made is relavent to my case. Lot of with return to USCIS might get faster response. It is based on the type of the case. Mine is more of a employer issue, i think.

Exclamation More than a year, after it has been sent back to USCIS

Hi,

In my case too, its been more than a year since the case has been sent back to USICS.....my employer too is very inactive and does not want to followup

Anyone has any experience that after more than a year or so USCIS cleared the pending file....

Thanks.

Default Yet another victim of 221G

Hi everyone,

I am a new member in this community. I went through this thread and some of the other threads on the same topic... I basically DO NOT see a single post which confirms he/she got the visa after his/her case was returned to USCIS for further review.

Please let me know if there's anyone around whose Visa went through successfully after this long pain. Well .. my case is the same -

- Jan 08 : Went for interiew at chennai consulate and got 221G requesting to submit extra docs, which I submitted after around 20 days of it.

- Mar 08 : Got a blue 221G saying my case has been returned to USCIS for the further review.

- No further update after that. The current status shown on their website is -

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status : This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On October 21, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Please advice.. Some people say the chances of getting visa once your case is returned back to USCIS is almost nil.

Thanks in advance !