close

Thread: How to pass the road test for Texas Drivers license

Default How to pass the road test for Texas Drivers license

I have already passed the written test. Need a lot of tips for the road test. I am really very scared. I am a novice so no tip is too dumb.

So please help!!

Has anyone passed the test recently?

Can you give me a step by step account of what the examiner asks you to do? I could not find this info anywhere. If you passed the test and you remember a detailed account, please post it here.

Any tips on do's and dont's would be really helpful too.

Thanks in advance!

Have you ever drived the car before. If yes then it should not be a problem. Just practice Parking (not sure about parallel parking),3 point turn, Stop sign.
    Lane change and emergency stop. Some place they make you park down hill and up hill.

Default Yes, but....

....I have driven a little bit but I am more worried about the nuances like when to look at the mirror etc. Have heard that people fail a lot.

If you are a good driver, you do all this automatically. I am not too good. So I need the exact instructions.

The first and foremost thing is SAFETY.
    Try to be safe and you will PASS the test easily. Do all that you need to do to drive safely on the road.

They look for
    (i) How you turn (left turn, right turn, sometime U-turn)
    (ii) Parallel Parking
    (iii) Lane change
    (iv) Whether you use the Indicators correctly or not
    (v) Are you following all the signs on the road (stop, speed limit etc).
    (vi) whether you use both hands on the steering or not.

Once they get a feeling that you are driving safely and you have control over your own driving, they are comfortable to give you the license. Note that they do objective evaluation (meaning, for every thing...like right turn, left turn etc there is marks allocated) and less number of mistakes get you the license. I don't know the details, but there is marks allocated for each thing.

Hi,

I recently got my driver's licence(Georgi) . i practiced driving for nearly 2 months before appearing for the test. you need good practice in parellel parking and reverse parking. thats the most important point they see. u should be able to park the vehicle without hitting the curb or the cones. if u want u can take up 1 or 2 classes these driving schools offer but its expensive, they charge around 100 bucks per class. i never took any class.

other than this, you need to watch your speed and road signs like, stop sign, turn signals, speed bumps etc. if u are really confident with your parellel and reverse parking other stuff will be really easy and u can get thru the test with no problems.

Good Luck.

Default Length of test

Thanks for all the tips. BTW, how long is the driving test generally?

And do they take you on the highway? Or road with the speed limit of 55/65 mph?

Default Yes, that is a good question

I want to know too- Does the Texas driving test include driving on highways like 183/ Mopac or just regular 55 mph roads?

They would not take you on freeways. Local roads only
    Quote Originally Posted by dezigirlz View Post
    Thanks for all the tips. BTW, how long is the driving test generally?

And do they take you on the highway? Or road with the speed limit of 55/65 mph?

The most important tips that will help you pass the test the first time is simple: practice and remain calm. Of course you know that you need to practice. Practicing with a trained experienced instructor is best but you should also practice the maneuvers that you have trouble with on your own. I hire instructor at education4drivers.com special for training ia parallel parking