close

Thread: changing B1/B2 visa to H1 ??

Default changing B1/B2 visa to H1 ??

Hi,

I have 10 years multiple entry b1/b2 category visa and have visited USA for sometime. I am looking to work there and am sure i can get good offers from there. the question is how can i get H1 visa to work there or is it possible to go for work and then try for h1?

pls advice.
    many thanks

sun

As per my idea to move from B1 to H1 you need to be either engineering graduate or MCA. After degree completion if you have 2 years experiance
    in software jobs,then you can file for H1 from B1.As you said you have B1 visa tehn if you enter into USA in the month of FEB or JAN,then find out the employer who can file your H1,then be ready with all documents by March-1 week,send these docuemnts to employer in 1 week of March.He can evaluate all your Documents and if he mails your H1 petiton in March 3 week 0r 4 week tehn if your petion reaches INS on April-01,then you can safely move into H1.So to become eligible for filing H1,let us know what is your qualifications.H 1 filing starts in April month only.Once you come here you can see so many HYD suns here.
    Last edited by KangYu; 08-14-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangYu View Post
    As per my idea to move from B1 to H1 you need to be either engineering graduate or MCA. After degree completion if you have 2 years experiance
    in software jobs,then you can file for H1 from B1.As you said you have B1 visa tehn if you enter into USA in the month of FEB or JAN,then find out the employer who can file your H1,then be ready with all documents by March-1 week,send these docuemnts to employer in 1 week of March.He can evaluate all your Documents and if he mails your H1 petiton in March 3 week 0r 4 week tehn if your petion reaches INS on April-01,then you can safely move into H1.So to become eligible for filing H1,let us know what is your qualifications.H 1 filing starts in April month only.Once you come here you can see so many HYD suns here.
    Thanks for you wonderful response..it was really very helpful. Well i am a business management grad and NOT a engg or MCa, but i have hardcode functional knowledge of webbased product management (over 9 years of work experience with software companies), have worked for some of the top ranked portals, also understand that there is good requirement of product managers there. i had recently been there on visit to my existing client.

Do you think I can still easily make it?

thanks in advance...u are good consultant.

-s