close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hindi appointment at Delhi Embassy

Default Hindi appointment at Delhi Embassy

Hello,
    I am trying to take an appointment for Visa interview for my Mom in Hindi Language at New Delhi American Embassy.
    But the dates for Hindi are coming as unavailable, and says to check back in 24 hrs. I have been trying with no results for past 2 weeks.
    Can someone please tell what is the best time or the best day of the week when I should try for Hindi appointment. I am in Bay Area.
    I want to take an appointment around Mar 27th.

Also in the worst case scenario will it be ok to take an appointment in English and she can request for an interpretor once she is there for an appointment? I have heard in Delhi embassy the Visa Officers know Hindi and there are interpretors also available. I am not sure how true is that. I don't want to take any chance.

Any help will be highly appreciated. If someone can post the dates and time when Hindi appointments are available that will be awesome.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    regards,
    Smita

Thanks for the quick response.
    I sent an email to the email address mentioned by you.
    I looked at the forum, but could not find out exactly when to look for Hindi appointments, Fri morning or Thursday mornings..
    If someone can let me know the trend on when they usually open Hindi appointments that will be great.
    Regards.

I am facing similar problem.... and have similar questions.. could you please help

I am trying for my mother's Visitor Visa appointment at Delhi Consulate in Hindi/Punjabi Language since last one month but not getting it, need help on the following:

1. Is there any other way to get the appointment in Hindi/Punjabi at Delhi Consulate?

2. Can she take the appointment at any other Consulate in India e.g. Mumbai

3. Can the appointment be scheduled in english and take a family member along for interpretation/translation?

Hello,
    I tried the whole Friday night waking up after every hour PST but the appointment for Hindi but it was still unavailable :-(
    I am now planning to go ahead and take an appointment in English as time is running by and i don't see any Hindi appointment becoming available soon.
    Will that be a really bad idea?
    I have heard in Delhi VO know Hindi and you can get an interpretor there on the day of interview.
    I read somewhere you can send a mail to VFS to request for interpretor after scheduling an English appointment. Is that true? DO i need to call VFS, or send email or postal mail that I am not clear if someone can clarify that will be great.
    thanks.

I'm in the same boat - no hindi appt available. Let me know if you see that the dates are available or if we can use an interpreter.

I tried both options sending an email to VFS as well as calling to inquire regarding taking an interpretor. The customer support person said NO. its no more allowed. Wait and Watch for hindi app. to open

Default Hindi Appointments

Hello Smita....

I have been dealing with the same problem myself.. finally i had to take an english appointment on 27th March in delhi.. my parents know english but are not very fluent in english ....

What date did you take the appointment? did you get the hindi one.. Iam not sure about the interpreter scenario there,, no one has given any substantial answer to this...

if your parents are going on 27th .what time is their appointment... let me know may be my parents and your's can together help each other..

Regards
    kC

Dates for hindi appointment are available for April 2008 in new delhi, posted this information so that it might help.

Default Re:

When did the dates started showing up?
    Did anyone tried to reschedule the appointments... ?

K

Default Appointmenst available!!

hey guys,

we got an appointment in regional language at delhi. More are available now!

all the best!!