Thread: Ugently need to go to india/passport will expire in 3 months

Default Ugently need to go to india/passport will expire in 3 months

Hello everyone,
    My mother is very serious and i might need to go back to india in days time my passport will expire in june 2008 end. The problem is if i send for renewal now it may take days and i might need to go in a week or so depending on the sitaution.

My h4 is valid till september so my doubts

can i travel out of usa like 3 months before the passport expires.

can i apply for emergency passport renewal if so howlong does it take.

or can i travel to india and then apply for passport renewal there as my passport is of indian orgin.

Please kindly help me.

Default Ugently need to go to india/passport will expire in 3 months

To the best of Knowldge you can travell no issues. I did travell once, when my passport had only 4 month validity. As long as your are not applying for new visa you should be fine.

Always better to call embassy on these matters.

Siva

Please see my answers inline

Quote Originally Posted by swathi_hyderabadi View Post
    Hello everyone,
    My mother is very serious and i might need to go back to india in days time my passport will expire in june 2008 end. The problem is if i send for renewal now it may take days and i might need to go in a week or so depending on the sitaution.

My h4 is valid till september so my doubts

can i travel out of usa like 3 months before the passport expires.
    YES

can i apply for emergency passport renewal if so howlong does it take.
    Not requiredto apply in the US for Indian PP in our embassy or consulate, you can do it in INdia

or can i travel to india and then apply for passport renewal there as my passport is of indian orgin.
    Apply under TATKAL in India, and tell the officer you want to collect the passport personally, you will get it in 5 days. We got my wife's PP in 5 days, without issues.

Please kindly help me.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by sivaran View Post
    To the best of Knowldge you can travell no issues. I did travell once, when my passport had only 4 month validity. As long as your are not applying for new visa you should be fine.

Always better to call embassy on these matters.

Siva
    siva my question is when did u return back to USA.. is it okay to return to USA if ur passport is valid for only 2 months. i will stay in india for 2 weeks. if i do not renew it in india and come back to USA is it allowed. What did u do.

Please kindly reply.