close

Thread: Ways to work as H4

Exclamation Ways to work as H4

Hello,

I know of a few people in H4 visa who manage to make some arrangement with their employer and work full-time. I wanted to start this thread so we can share such ideas and also collectively explore creative ways in which we can make a work arrangement.

Inability to work is a big frustration point for H4's, particularly for people like me who had responsible positions back in India before coming here. I am willing to explore all avenues at this point.

Please chime in with your thoughts.. My email id is ravisk11@gmail.com

Thanks,

Angry I din't find any...

Thanks for your quick reply but I din't find any thread "what can a h4 holder do" in this forum, please provide me link if you have.... thax

More the ways you find to work (otherthan Volunteer without any pay) on H4, more the risk your are taking in your life. You are going to spoil your H1 spouse to get screwed for the work you do. Better stay away from any illegality to lead your life peacefully in US. You may enjoy till you haven't got caught for working on H4, the moment you get caught everything goes out of your way. Best thing to do is if you are qualified, apply for H1b so that you can work without any problem. Other thing to do is you can go for studies by which you can improve your educational qualification as well as good chance to get Job in US. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ravisk View Post
    Hello,

I know of a few people in H4 visa who manage to make some arrangement with their employer and work full-time. I wanted to start this thread so we can share such ideas and also collectively explore creative ways in which we can make a work arrangement.

Inability to work is a big frustration point for H4's, particularly for people like me who had responsible positions back in India before coming here. I am willing to explore all avenues at this point.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ActAccord; 05-09-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Default Thanks for the reply

Thanks for your suggestion, I have applied for H1 this year(2009) but till now I din't know wheather my application is selected in lottory or not.......there are no clues what is going on... so many people got their H1 recepits but till now my employer din't received mine.

hey buddy, no offense however you have no clue about your H1 but wanna make sure your wife is getting a job in America. First try to settle down in here. Mind it, this country is totally different from India, so dont expect people to come forward and help you. On this forum we can only suggest/guide you from our personal experience.

My 2 cents, come to this country, try to settle down at a place, call your family after 2-3 months of settlling down. Once thats done, you can find some jobs for your wife. Red Cross hires lots of H4 auties.

Quote Originally Posted by ravisk View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Yes, but they will manage until they get caught. If that is happened, the very purpose of their H1 spouse coming here will be spoiled. And they might end up in a prison. Better to think of the legal ways to work here rather than exploring illegal ways to work with fear. If you cant sit idle without doing any thing, search in your community for any service related work you can handle.

ravisk,

Working on H4 is illegal.

It is inappropriate to suggest illegal activities on this forum.

What employer would hire someone who is knowingly violating the law since they are subject to fines for doing so.

I hope you illegal activity is discovered as working illegally is treated very harshly for all forms of US immigration.

The US does not need people who knowing violate the laws. GO HOME AND DON"T RETURN!

Thumbs up Nice suggestion!!

Hey Greencard,

Thats a very nice suggestion for people on H4.Mine is the same case.M on H4 here and spouse working on H1B.

I have applied for H1b this year but no news now.So i have started working on backup plans now.Please let me know some more details about non profit org. which you are talking about .Or please let me know from where i can pull out the info.I want to make use of this year so that i can add to some experience .and can file H1b next year.

Thanks in advance.
    Usquery.

don't u know that when you came from India on H4? Stop complaining and follow the rules of land...i understand it is frustrating sometimes but there are many ways you can keep yourself occupied --do some construtive work rather than exploring illegal ways to work on H4...

Smile Thank u

Hey Greencard,

Thank u very much for ur inputs.M working on it.Hope will make out someway for me too.