close

Thread: Invitation letter for sisters visa

Default Invitation letter for sisters visa

I am inviting my elder sister who is married and has a son, but she plans to travel alone as my b-in-law has to take care of his old mother and property, she has her interview in 2nd week of august.My husband is sponsoring for her visa.My husband is a GC holder and i came on B2 visa and got converted to H1.We have a 9 months old whose first birthday would be in nov 2008.I have mentioned in DS156 form the duration of stay as 2 months and her tentative date of travel as sept12.

Do i mention in the invitation letter as

"We would like to invite you to the United States of America to stay with us for about two months. We would also be celebrating our daughter's first year birthday on November Xth 2008 and would love your attendance for the same"

OR

DO NOT mention "We would also be celebrating our daughter's first year birthday on November Xth 2008 and would love your attendance for the same"

Does it be any better to increase the chances of she getting visa or convinced by the VO if we are also mentioning about our daughter's 1st bday in the invitation letter to my sister.

Though i have just mentioned "TOURISM and FAMILY VISIT" for travel purpose in DS156.

Please suggest

Don't add more complications by including the Birthday stuff, keep it simple as a family visit and tourism.
    -Murali
    Note: No Legal Advice.

Request : Please Like us at FaceBook: FaceBook with your friends.

Link of the day :
    Looking for Visitor Insurance ? Best and trusted resource for - Visitor Insurance for USA

New : Travel Guide to USA Best for Parents Visiting USA ( now available in multiple language)

Thanks Murali, will follow the same

Default Duration of stay in DS156 for sister's visa

I have mentioned 2 months in DS 156 form for intended duration of stay for my sisters' visa.Since i am inviting my married sister who plans to travel alone, stating for tourism and family visit purpose would it be better to mention "1 month" instead of "2 months" for duration of stay. Because i understand for parents or in-laws it makes sense mentioning 2 months or more since they would generally stay back for more number of months with their children. But since my sister is not travellinfg with her husband and that both me and my husband are working and we have our 9 month old, will mentioning 2 months for my sister give the VO an impression that she is coming for baby sitting?Does "1 month" or "2 months" make any difference?please let me know your inputs