Thread: Bank balance requirement for visitor visa

Default Bank balance requirement for visitor visa

Hi

I am expecting baby in April and I want to invite my parents(mom and dad both) in March on visitor visa to USA. I am not working and my husband has recently started job. We don't have good bank balance. My papa is retired and mom is housewife. My brothers are earning well in India.
    I have following questions.
    1. For my parents, how much bank balance need to show for 2 people for 2-3 months stay? (>5 lakhs, >10lakhs, >20lakhs)
    2. Does my brother can sponser my parents trip? How much bank balance is needed in this case?
    3. If we sponsor how much bank balance is needed in $?
    4. Can we combine our and parent's income and show the bank balance?

Waiting for the reply.

1. For my parents, how much bank balance need to show for 2 people for 2-3 months stay? (>5 lakhs, >10lakhs, >20lakhs)
    - Showing bank balance in india does not make sense. You should be able to convince the immigration officer that you can take care of your parents when they are visiting US.
    2. Does my brother can sponser my parents trip? How much bank balance is needed in this case?
    To my knowledge your brother cannot sponser (if he is living / employed in india). You/spouse are the only person who can sponser them.
    3. If we sponsor how much bank balance is needed in $?
    -When I sponsered my mom (not dad) I showed $5K (in 2003) and we were good to go.
    4. Can we combine our and parent's income and show the bank balance?
    - the income should be only yours/spouse and in $$$.

My response is only to my experience/ knowledge. Please refer to attorney if more details are required.Thanks.

Default BankBalance for Both Parents Visiting US

Hi there,

i am similar related question.

My parents are looking to visit US and i have question whether Bank Balance need to maintain for both Mom and Dad account? or is it fine if we can show enough balance in Dad's account?

Please suggest, if we need to show balance in two separate accounts.

Thanks