I need to send NOC to apply passport for my son born in India.
can u please let me know how to get NOC. what are the documents I need to carry to Indian Embassy in Chicago while applying for NOC.what are the documents i need to fill and submit. can I do the same via mail(post)
1) login to web http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/pdfforms050703.htm
2) go to 7th form in the web - 7 AFFIDAVIT FOR CHILD PASSPORT Affidavit for issue of Passport to children in India while parent(s) staying abroad.
3) fill the two forms and get it notarised
4) passport xerox copy with notarised
5) electricity bill with proof of ur US adreess and get it notarised.
6) and $20 thru money order - $10 for sending back the doc through post and $10 for consulate processing.
7) send step 3,4,5,6 thru fedex
8) you will receive the one page document signed from consulate within 3-4 business days.
9) send the orginal form to india so that ur family can submit the documents with this affadavit thru tatkal - thru tatkal u should get the passport in 7 days
10) totally it should take 10 business day
Last edited by kavi78; 01-19-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Hi Kavi78, Thank you for the information. You mentioned that I have to fill 2 forms and get it notarized. I know the form 1 is Affidavit for Minor's passport, Could you please let me know the other form which need to be filled in and also Do I need to send my son's birth certificate to india consulate? What if I don't have it here with me. Thank you.