close

Thread: Cheated in vehicle purchase?

Angry Cheated in vehicle purchase?

I purchased a car from an indian fellow. The car has lein on it abt which he didnt inform in also and he didnt pay it off too before leaving back to India. Becoz of this DMV is not able to issue me new title on my name? Im trying to contact this owner on his india number but didnt get any response even after sending the mails? What are the alternatives that I have to come out of this situation? Can I make a finnancial fraud against him ? Any suggestions would be great to get the title transfer on my name?

If there was lien on it, Did the owner show you original title or memo title?

It may be just that the lien was finished off but was never reported to DMV?

try calling the lien holder and check with them. Its really bad to know that fellow desis are always ready to screw another desi.

God bless Desi

Angry

I tried to call the owner but not at all responding in possitive way. He has title with him with LIEN mentioned on it. But somehow I missed it to see and also he never mentioned to me abt it while purchasing it. DMV asks me to get the LIEN RELEASE LETTER so tht they can issue me title on my name. But now there is no chance to get such letter either from lender or frm this owner. Any suggestions how shld I proceed further on this ?

Pay the amount due to the lien holder. Sue in small clims court.

Talk to the police to see if criminal charges can be filed against the seller. It is a very small chance that it could depending on the circumstances. While you will not get any money, he will not ba able to enter the US if a warrant is entered for his arrest.

Thumbs up

Thanx for all ur comments. I will do everything to punish him. Will file a complaint and also will also contact his employer - TCS in India and let them know what a fraud employee they are working with.