close

Thread: Transit Visa to Amsterdam

Default Transit Visa to Amsterdam

Hi,

We are travelling to India via Amsterdam. Question I have is will I need Transit VISA?
    We both have h1b valid approval notice but we have expired VISA on our passport.
    Appreciate quick response.
    What will I need to do in case I need Transit VISA. Can we take that at the airport?
    Thank You
    Sunita Modak

Recently I herad that even a valid Visa approval should work..however I would encourage you to speak to the airlines you are travelling by they can best assist you with this question.
    -Murali
    Note: No Legal Advice.

Request : Please Like us at FaceBook: FaceBook with your friends.

Link of the day :
    Looking for Visitor Insurance ? Best and trusted resource for - Visitor Insurance for USA

New : Travel Guide to USA Best for Parents Visiting USA ( now available in multiple language)

Default Transit Visa

Hi,
    I did email KLM/NW . Also I send an email & left a voice message to Consulate of Netherlands in cleveland Ohio. Havent heard back from them.
    Has anyone recently travelled via Northwest via Amsterdam with a similar case like Ours.
    Any help or response is appreciated
    Thanks Again
    Sunita

Default Flying through

You would need a visa if you plan on visiting Amsterdam
    while you are there. If you are just changing planes in Amsterdam and not planning on leaving the terminal, you don't need a visa in Amsterdam

I had a similar situation to yours. I needed a transit visa to go through London and came to know that 1 hr before traveling. I then canceled my BA ticket and bought tkt from NW to go through Amsterdam as they did not require a transit visa if you have valid indian passport. It was in late January this year. You should still check it with NW airlines and from the Netherland consulate web site.