close

Thread: H1-f1-h1

Default H1-f1-h1

Currently, I'm going to apply F1 visa (COS from H1 to F1 while staying in US) after my recent end of employment (H1B Visa). few questions.

(1) Do i Subject to H1B Cap when I get job in future ?

(2) how difficult to transfer from F1 to H1 besides employer willingness ?
    Like need to apply from home country or any other requirement ?

Once you have completed 6 years on H1B, you must remain OUTSIDE the US for 1 year and will be subject to quota. Changing to F1 does nothing to reset your eligibility for new H1B.

If you have not completed 6 years, you may use the remainder and then you will need to exit the country.

Dear CnCd1,

Thnks for reply. Let me give clear idea @ my situation so you can respond with any correction.

After finishing my initial education in US under F1 visa, I got a job & completed 4 years with my current H1 till date.
    I'm going to apply F1 again as recently i was laif off by applying COS, I-539 application.

(1) My question is if i get job in future so i can get H1 (for remaining two years) by filing I-539 again from US any time in a given year ? Do i need to travel to India to apply H1?

(2) Am I subject to cap ?

Quote Originally Posted by par123 View Post
    Dear CnCd1,

Thnks for reply. Let me give clear idea @ my situation so you can respond with any correction.

After finishing my initial education in US under F1 visa, I got a job & completed 4 years with my current H1 till date.
    I'm going to apply F1 again as recently i was laif off by applying COS, I-539 application.

(1) My question is if i get job in future so i can get H1 (for remaining two years) by filing I-539 again from US any time in a given year ? Do i need to travel to India to apply H1?

You may apply for COS to H1B in US. Use premium processing to begin work quickly; you cannot work until you receive the new approval notice.

(2) Am I subject to cap ?

NO.
    If you complete an advanced degree, you may use OPT before H1B.