close

Thread: getting visitor visa for attending Graduation ceremony

Default getting visitor visa for attending Graduation ceremony

Hello,

I want to invite my parents and sister for gradution ceremony.

So I plan to send them the invitation letter from university.
    Quest1: Can I scan the document and email them? If I need to post which post/courier can I use and how much does that cost?

Quest2:What all documents do I need to send along with the invitation letter?I got the invitation letter from the International Student Office - but it just says that I am in good academic standing and does not mention about invitation for graduation ceremony. Quest3: Is this ok?

Quest4: If because of some reason my parents and sister are not able to come to US for the grad ceremony...will it affect their or my future VISA approval requests?

Some of my questions might sound very silly. I have just put all the questions that were in my head. Any suggestions and links for information are very welcome.

Thank You.

Kind Regards,
    S Ballani
    F1 Student in USA doing Masters
    Citizenship:Indian

See the answers :

Quest1: Can I scan the document and email them? If I need to post which post/courier can I use and how much does that cost?

Ans : YES, a scanned copy works.

Quest2:What all documents do I need to send along with the invitation letter?I got the invitation letter from the International Student Office - but it just says that I am in good academic standing and does not mention about invitation for graduation ceremony. Quest3: Is this ok?

- You must have some official document indicating the date /function /ceremony details about the event. ( Brochure, event flyrer, official notice etc will do)

Quest4: If because of some reason my parents and sister are not able to come to US for the grad ceremony...will it affect their or my future VISA approval requests?

NO, it wont..
    -Murali
    Note: No Legal Advice.

Request : Please Like us at FaceBook: FaceBook with your friends.

Link of the day :
    Looking for Visitor Insurance ? Best and trusted resource for - Visitor Insurance for USA

New : Travel Guide to USA Best for Parents Visiting USA ( now available in multiple language)

Thanks Murali.

Since my parents would be self sponsered, do I need to send any documents (other than graduation ceremony flyer)?

How much staying period should my parents mention?

(They wud be staying only for 2 weeks during the graduation ceremony..however if so small period is mentioned then will they get just 3 months VISA[and not 10yrs VISA])

Since they are self sponsoring their visas, you only need to send an invite letter to attend your graduation ceremony along with your school letter on your graduation.
    They can ask for a stay of 2 months which is safe.
    Giving visa, entirely depends on VO at the time of interview. He/She can give a resticted visa or full 10 years multi visa.
    Good Luck to them.

Default Thanks

Thanks