Thread: Refund of Processing Fee of H1B

Default Refund of Processing Fee of H1B

Hi

I had paid $3000 for the processing of my h1b apllication for the year FY2009. My Petition got selected in the random selection but later entered RFE status and then got denied on Feb2009. My consultanat has given the follwoing reason for the denial
    "Much to our regret that your application filed last year for H1b to USCIS is refused to grant a visa and denied it. This is cause of recession and nothing to take with your experience and skills. ABC(my consultant) also replied to RFI however they didnít buy in-house project details. "

My question here is can I demand my consultant for pay back my money?

Please give me u'r valuable suggestions on this.

Regards,
    Nithin

First, anything paid to the US government is a processing fee - not an approval fee.

Second, paying for any fees other than a very few (like attorney fees which are for the work performed preparing the application) is illegal according to US immigration laws.

You are out of luck ! Next time, apply with a LEGITIMATE company and don't try to buy a US visa. Any demand by you will point out your illegal act, but you can report him to the USCIS.

If you had done any research, you would have known that your payment was not only illegal but foolish.

Thanks for the reply. it helps

Regards,
    Nithin

It was an expensive lesson. Better luck next time. Do your homework and be sure to check to see if the company has approved visas on the various H1B databases.