Thread: Incorrect surname used in VISA FEES (HDFC) Receipt

Default Incorrect surname used in VISA FEES (HDFC) Receipt

Hello, i am planning to bring my parents to US on a visitor VISA. They just got the VISA fees receipt from HDFC bank. My dad had correct info as per the passport on his visa fees receipt that was recd (Pink & Blue), but unfortuntely due to small confusion, my mother used her dad's name by mistake instead of using family name (surname). Her passport number, DOB and all other info is correct except her surname. What should we do and how do we get this corrected?

My parents went to VFS office in Chennai and they are saying let the embassy officer know in Chennai or apply for new VISA fees. Please need some suggestions, will this be a problem during the VISA interview? Why cant VFS personnel change the last name as a correction? Will her VISA be affected because of this? I appreciate your suggestions here...

Thanks much - Pramod

Contact VFS, I think this should not be a problem you can still get visa interview appointment with that HDFC receipt since the receipt is against the Passport number and not against the name.
    -Murali
    Note: No Legal Advice.

Request : Please Like us at FaceBook: FaceBook with your friends.

Link of the day :
    Looking for Visitor Insurance ? Best and trusted resource for - Visitor Insurance for USA

New : Travel Guide to USA Best for Parents Visiting USA ( now available in multiple language)