Thread: India Multiple entry visa 10 year want to saty more than 6 months for minor

Default India Multiple entry visa 10 year want to saty more than 6 months for minor

Hi,

My Baby is in India and on Tourist 10 year multiple entries visa. Want to keep baby in India more than 6 months with my parents. Since baby is staying in Hyderabad I asked my father to go to FRRO office in Hyderabad to register and they told him he needs to go to Delhi office to get it registered. I am not sure why they said like that since the web sites say’s minors don't have to register within 6 months return. Even if staying more than 6 months then need to register online through web site http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/frro/ . Now I am confused how to proceed. Please guide me right direction how to proceed. Thank you in advance.

Thanks!
    Minni.

Extending the duration of stay on a tourist visa is not something your local FRRO can do. For that you will have to go to the frro in Delhi and apply, showing the nature of the emergency requiring an extended stay.

Hi csingh,

Thank you! for the valuable information.

Another question do I need to take an online appointment before visit to Delhi office or it just a walk-In? It would be great if you can send me more info how to approach Delhi office. Thank you in advance.

Thanks!
    Minni.

Default Information for duel citizenship.

Sir i am a Indian.But last 12 year spent in USA.In usa i have a citizenship.But now i want duel citizenship in INDIA.What is the proceser for duel citizenship?Please guide me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Vinny.

Default Any info

Hi Minnie,

Do you have any updated information on this. My son is in hyderbad and i am in the same situation as you. Initially I was told that we just need to report in the local police station, if we are extending the stay for more than 6 months. Now things seem to have changed.

Thanks
    Prasanna

Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    Hi csingh,

Thank you! for the valuable information.

Another question do I need to take an online appointment before visit to Delhi office or it just a walk-In? It would be great if you can send me more info how to approach Delhi office. Thank you in advance.

Thanks!
    Minni.