Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father's name correction in Indian passport and US Visa

Default Father's name correction in Indian passport and US Visa

Hi,

I will give you an example: Let us say my father's name is ABC XYZ. In my current Indian passport it is given as ACB XYZ.

I came to US in L1B visa and I filled up my father's name in DS-160 form as it is in my Indian passport (i.e., ACB XYZ). Now my Indian passport will expire in next few months but i have valid visa which will expire after two years.

I am planning to renew my Indian passport from Indian consulate in US and also at the same time i am planning to correct my father's name in the renewed passport. In this scenario i have the following question:

1. Do i need to inform the USCIS once I get my new passport with father's name corrected?
    2. In future if i need to apply for extension of my visa or dependent visa or Green Card will there be any problem due to the change in my father's name from my old passport to my new passport?

Dipankar

i got my father's name changed in my new passport.

Hi kdipankar,

I am in the same situation (L1B, father name has to change, need to renew passport by this week) and looking for the solution.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Default How to do Father's name correction

Pls let me know the steps to correct the father name in passport..

Hi,

I have submitted my birth certificate (Indian consulate also accepts the School leaving certificate if it has your father's name) along with the new passport application. I have also provided a letter explaining the situation. Please fill your passport application with your correct father's name. Mention about this name change when you submit your application to Indian consulate.

regards,
    Dipankar

Default My father's surname is not included in my Passport.

Hi All,
    My father's surname is not included in my passort. Even in my 10th class certifcate it was not included.

How Do I get the father surname added in my Indian passport in U.S. What documents are required for this change.

Thanks,
    veeraswamy.

Hi,

Do you have birth certificate which has your father's complete name?

regards,
    Dipankar

Default All my certificate shows father initial only.

All my certificate shows father initial only.

Can I get appointment in newyork VFS consultancy (india visa renewal) and talk with during form submission?.

How long may take for renewal process?.

Thanks for your guidelines.

Default Yes I have my father's surname name included in my passport

Quote Originally Posted by kdipankar View Post
    Hi,

Do you have birth certificate which has your father's complete name?

regards,
    Dipankar
    I got recently my birth registered and got the brith certiifcate recently wiht my father's surname included in it.

How DO i get it changed in my passport now. I tried calling SFO India Consualte.. no one lifts the phone and its gets automatically disconnected.

VFS says they don't do changes in fathers name and they do only spell corrections.

Thanks,
    Veeraswamy.

Default Parents passport names mismatch with names in my passport

Guys,
    I would appreciate if anyone has any insight into below case.
    There is a name discrepancy in my passport and my fathers passport (Ramachandrappa in my father pp and Ramachandra Gowda in my passport, Narayanamma Venkatappa in my PP and Naremma in my mothers PP). Due to which US visitor visa got rejected. Now we are thinking of changing/reissue of passport by making a affidivat and submitting the same in PSK. Few questions here
    1) Is just court affidivat enough for the above case? should this be published in news paper etc
    2)Everyday when I login to online portal to book the appointment I dont find any schedule
    3)can this name change be applied in Tatkal to expedite the process?
    4)will there be any police verification again?
    5)How long will it take to get the passport corrected and delivered? days? months ?
    6)I heard, as of today there is no Tatkal online bookings (Anyway I dont find the general category also), is it true? I found supporting news article online
    7)Should one walk-in to PSK without appointment? Is it entertained? Or is appointment must?
    8)Is Tatkaal program applicable to reissue of passport(correction of passport) or only new applications?
    9)Should my parents make DD for this? if any fees applicable?

I'm in US and it took almost 1 year (General/Normal) for getting the passport (With name issue) but having trouble now to fix it without proper info. available (I get all name change info. online)

I really appreciate any credible info. in this regard. Thanks for your time to go through this Mess :-(

Thanks,
    Manju