close

Thread: Us b1/b2 visa cancelled

Default Us b1/b2 visa cancelled

Hi..i got my 10 year b1/b2 visa in july 2010 in mumbai after it was kept for further enquiries for 1 month, under section 221 g..i travelled to usa in jan 2012 for 24 days..i got a letter from fraudulent department in may 2012 saying." we regret to inform you that we are unable to issue a visa to you under the following section" and the seation was 214 (b)..

I went to the vfs to enquire about the letter..they told me that they are hearing this kind of case for the first time.."if the consulate wants to cancel your visa then they will directly write to you that your visa is cancelled or revoked and please show your passport to the consulate"..but in my case they gave me a normal reason for denial...

I dont know what to do now..? Please guide me ,..
    Last edited by azharshaikh; 06-20-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: wrong date

So they cancelled your visa after you'd already used it to travel to the US?? That is really strange.
    Were you able to show your passport to the consulate? I think they will best be able to figure out what is going on.

Default Visa cancelled

I didnt go to the consulate as they never asked me to show my passport .,i spoke to vfs guy and he was very co operative ..he told me that if u go to the consulate with this leeter they will cancle your visa without re checking in their system...

If the consulate cancel the visa they directly call you to say that your visa is cancelled and if they send a letter also them too they will directly write to you thaJt the visa is cancelled...but in my case they gave me a normal reason as they normally give when they refuse a visa during interview..

Is there any other way to find out about the visa status...or i have to travel to recheck..

I showed this letter to a very know travel company and showed it to senior person also there but he also told me that this nver happen..he told me that some one must have joked with you and dont go the consulate...

That does sound like somebody is just messing with you. I've never heard of somebody travelling on a valid visa and returning in a timely manner and then being told the visa is cancelled!
    Was there any kind of official seal/ stamp on the letter? The travel agent is right, if the consulate had to revoke your visa, they would ask you to send in your passport and actually void the visa stamp.
    this sounds fishy. Is there no way the VFS guys can check with your visa number to see if its still valid?

The best thing to do is to visit VFS in person with your passport and find out the status.

The vfs cannot check the status as i have been there wid the letter. The letter whichi got is from the fraudulent department ...they have not told me that my visa is cancelled..its written" we regret to inform that we are unable to issue a visa to u under the follwing section which is ticked..the section was 214(b)..they never asked me to show my passport to cancel my visa which they normally do wen they have to cancel it..

The vfs guys cant check the status but they also told me that if u go wid this letter to the consulate and if sumbody is tryin to fool around then they will realy cancel my visa...

Even i m confused with this..the travel agent told me to fly once to check about the. Isa status.. It the visa is cance then they will deport me...but i dont think any reason for them to cancel my visa ..

I think it's either a glitch in their system that caused them to send out that letter erronously, or a hoax.
    I would be strongly inclined to think that your visa is still valid and all okay.

If VFS can't help you, then looks like the only way you'll know for sure is when you travel.

Even i think that it is a system error and i reAlly hope that it is a system error...i have to try my luck by travelling again..