close

Thread: Visitor Visa for a Minor

Default Visitor Visa for a Minor

Do I need to take an appointment for getting a Visitor Visa for a minor? Is a 13 year old a minor?
    Where can i get all the information.

Thanks
    ncl

Yes he is , everyone needs to go thru an interview for a visa, so you should follow the guidelines posted here, make sure all documentation is present, and be prepared to answer questions such as who will take care of him in the flight, why does he have to travel alone, give some more details and we can better assist you.

As huskyboy04 said, the prcoess is same, the only difference is that for the child under 14yrs are not required to have finger printing and no interview.
    -Murali
    Note: No Legal Advice.

Request : Please Like us at FaceBook: FaceBook with your friends.

Link of the day :
    Looking for Visitor Insurance ? Best and trusted resource for - Visitor Insurance for USA

New : Travel Guide to USA Best for Parents Visiting USA ( now available in multiple language)

Default So, do we need an appointment - Murali?

Does this mean we dont need to take an appointment for a minor <14 through TT Services??? Also is a minor allowed to travel alone???

Thanks,
    ncl

Default Could someone please help???

Hi,

Does a Minor need to go through an interview for a tourist visa and is he allowed to travel alone????

Thanks,
    ncl

A child can travel alone as long as the airline can assume responsibility, find out from agood airline on that procedure and from Indian immigration authorities, I would also recommend you to go the US embassy website where you want to applly and call them and find out as I could not find out anything on this at the Delhi US embassy website and it is very unlikely that the embassy will issue a visa without seeing the child/ documents.