close

Thread: mistake while filling ds 160 forms

Default mistake while filling ds 160 forms

hello
    please i made a mistake while filling my ds 160 forms and didnt know until i had confirmation and booked an appointment....what should i do

Default cancel the appointment

There are 2 ways to handle this situation in a proper manner.
    First and most straight method is -- Cancel the appointment.
    Fill another DS 160 form.
    If the system does not accept new DS 160, contact OFC.
    Second method - though proper and legal need not be discussed as it is not as straight forward as the above

Donot worry or Panic. I had a similar situation where i realised after booking appointment that i had made a similar mistake . I sent a email to "support@ustraveldocs.com" and they asked me to carry both old & new DS160 at the time of interview on the same scheduled appointment. I would suggest you to first send a email to them and they reply in 1 or 2 buisness days. Following is the email i received

"Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to make changes on your submitted DS-160 form.

With regards to your query, please note that, you will not be able to retrieve and modify information on the DS-160 application once it is submitted electronically. If you wish to correct and / or update information, please disregard the old DS-160 application and create a new application. Kindly carry the new DS-160 confirmation page at the time of interview. You can access the DS-160 form in the website https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Please note that, applicants who have filled a new DS-160 post scheduling an appointment are required to carry both old and new DS-160 confirmation pages while they go to VAC center for the biometrics.

Applicants are required to be present for their interview, at least 15 minutes prior to the appointment time. Kindly follow the link http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-securityinfo.asp for information regarding Security Regulations.

We hope this answers you query.
    Have a pleasant day!