Thread: Cgi reference number

Default Cgi reference number

Visa got rejected first time
    Will CGI Reference Number at AXIS Bank remains same if I want to pay again?

Once the visa is rejected you need to do the exercise once again. First find out the reason for rejection. Wait for few months. say 6 months and apply again based on the cause of rejection.

Yes but will CGI REFERENCE number remains the same?

Default No

The earlier CGI no expired with the appointment.
    When you reapply you have to generate fresh CGI NO

The fresh CGI number is same as the previous one. Do I need to pay with that one?

Hi Sneha,

Even i have the same doubt what you have posted here. Did you get any answer? how did you proceed further? did you pay the money at axis back for the 2nd time with same CGI refrence number?

Yes it is the same CGI Reference number

Hi guys,

Do we have to submit DS160 before pay visa application fee?

I have print out CGI Reference number from Cash Payment of US Visa Fees. My dad went to axis bank to pay fees but bank officer asked for confirmation page, what is that?

Default Does CGI reference number changes after creating new DS160 form?

My employer misplaced original I797 approval. So I don't wanted to take any risk to attend visa interview with copy of I797. This resulted to postpone my travel plans to India.

However I submitted DS160 form electronically. Printed the confirmation page that has CEAC barcode number (DS160 confirmation number). I followed all 10 steps to generate CGI reference number through stanley website. And paid my visa fees at Axis bank (cash payment of US visa fees). Now, activated fee receipt number is already displayed. Since I am changing my travel plans, I guess I have to modify some fields in DS160 form. Fields particularly intended dates of arrival in USA, number of days I stayed in USA (since I pre-calculated number of days that I stayed in USA), etc,.

Though I have changed my travel plans, do I need to create new DS160 form?
    Is this CGI reference number unique and specific to DS160 confirmation number that I submitted?
    Does CGI reference number changes after creating new DS160 form?
    Suppose if I update my profile with new DS160 confirmation number, will that activated fee receipt number be valid for new DS160 confirmation number?