[This letter is written and submitted by the Petitioning Employer to the USCIS for Change of Nonimmigrant Visa Status from non-work related such as to work related status]
[Print on Company’s Letterhead]
Vermont Service Center
ATTN: H-1B Cap
4 Lemnah Drive
St. Albans. VT 05479-0001
H-1B Cap Case
[Must state cap or cap exempt, or U.S. Masters Cap case]
RE: I-129 Petition for Nonimmigrant Petition--Change of Status
Dear Sir or Madam:
Please accept this letter and corresponding documents in support of ABC Company’s I-129 Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker on behalf of [your name]. [Your Name] is currently in the United States in valid F-1 (OPT) status and we request that his status be changed to H-1B.
THE PETITIONER’S BUSINESS
[A paragraph or two about the company and its financial.]
We wish to employ [your name] as a [job title] in our [City, State] office. As a [job title], [your name] will be responsible for [list 5 or 6 key job responsibilities, including knowledge/skills utilized].
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All engineering positions at [ABC company] require that the applicant possess at least a baccalaureate degree, thus we consider the position of software engineer to be a specialty occupation, pursuant to 8 C.F.R. §214.2(h). In some instances, additional requirements such as an advanced degree and/or prior work experience are required due to the sophistication of a specific project or job duties.
[Your name] earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from [XYZ] University. [Your name] is clearly qualified for the position of Software Engineer. On the basis of [Your name’s] education and his extensive specialized knowledge, [ABC Company] is requesting favorable consideration of its H-1B petition filed on his behalf.
Enclosed, please also find the following forms and documents for your review:
- A check made payable to the Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $320.00 (I-129)
- A check made payable to the Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $1,500 to cover the cost of the H-1B surcharge designated for the education and training program
- A check made payable to the Department of Homeland Security in the amount $500 to cover the fraud prevention and detection fee
- Form I-129 and I-129 Supplement H
- H-1B Data Collection & Filing Fee Exemption Form (Form I-129DC)
- Certified Labor Condition Application
- Copy of Mr. [LAST NAME]’s educational documents
- Copy of Mr. [LAST NAME]’s resume
- Copy of Mr. [LAST NAME]’s I-94 card, visa, and biographical page of his passport
- Copy of [ABC Company’s] financial information.
We respectfully request approval of our H-1B petition so that [your name] may begin his employment with ABC Company as software engineer.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at [number] or [email].
Very truly yours,_______________________
[Company Signatory’s Name]