- Step by Step Process for Student Visa Stamping
- Required Documents for Student Visa
- Required Documents for Student Dependants
- Visa fees
- Scheduling an appointment? How and where?
- Interview Preparation/Sample Interview Questions
- After Visa Information
- General Information on Visa Refusal
- At the Port of Entry
- Valid original passport. You are recommended to have passport valid for at least six months beyond your interview date.
- CEAC Barcode printout. This is the application confirmation page, you will get once you complete US Visa application form DS-160 online.See a Sample
One photograph as per specification.
- Valid US visa fee receipt. (Embassy copy)
- Original interview appointment letter.
- Original form I-20 or DS-2019 as applicable.
- I-901-Sevis Fee Receipt
Additional Supporting Documents required at the time of interview(For Principal Applicant
- Evidence of financial resources: proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies.
Proof of your relationship to the sponsor (such as your birth certificate), the sponsor's most recent, original tax forms, and the sponsor's bankbooks and/or fixed deposit certificates
Original degree certificates along with mark sheets.
Original Bachelor degree transcripts or high school diploma along with mark sheets from previous institutions attended.
Relevant test scores, e.g. TOEFL and SAT, GRE, GMAT or LSAT
Unlike F-1 visa applicants, M-1 applicants must demonstrate the ability to pay all tuition and living costs for the entire period of their intended stay and cannot work while in M visa status.
Spouse / Dependent Children
- Original, valid US visa fee receipt (only for applicants scheduled at Mumbai Consulate).
- An approved I-20 from the principal applicant's U.S. school or program with the dependent's name included;
A copy of the Form I-20 of the Principal Applicant.
Photocopy of the Principal Applicantâ€™s valid visa (if applying separately).
Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
Original Birth certificate (for each child).
Additional financial resources to support the dependants.
Get more details about the complete visa process