The Cox & King Global Services (CKGS) which handles all Indian passport, visa and travel related businesses like Overseas Citizen Of India (OCI), has terminated its contract with the Indian government and will not be accepting any new applications at any of its locations in the U.S., effective immediately.
As India’s outsourcing partner for all government activities abroad, their contract officially ends on October 31, 2020. While they have stopped accepting any new applications for any of the services previously provided, applications of an urgent nature can be submitted to the Indian Mission/post directly via mail.
After October 16, 2020
- Any applications and/or documents received after October 16th, 2020 will not be processed by CKGS;
- This includes applications for new Indian Passport, OCI, Renunciation, and Indian Visa
- Or the renewal of any of the above;
- All applicants that were previously submitted but are incomplete or missing documents will be returned to the applicant after October 16, 2020. The shipping fee and prepaid envelope of the applicant will be used for this return.
After October 19, 2020
- All Indian passport, India visa and OCI applications that have been processed, but were submitted without a return shipping label or the return shipping payment will be submitted to the Indian Mission/post on October 19th, 2020
- After October 19, 2020, no new applications will be accepted by CKGS
After October 31, 2020
- After October 31, 2020, all applicants who already got their applications into CKGS will be able to track its status online.
What You Should Know Before Sending Your Indian Visa, Passport Or OCI Application To The Indian Embassy Or Mission?
- No walk-in applicants are permitted anymore. All applications will have to mailed to the Indian Embassy going forward;
- Online application portal for OCI and Renunciation services is available for the San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Washington DC and New York jurisdictions only.
- All payments should be made by submitting a Money order or Cashier’s check only. Online fee payments for Indian passports and other services have been temporarily paused until further notice.
- All applicants are to expect a 72-hour delay in data updation and also a delay in overall processing times.
- Providing any false information in the applications can be liable for legal action against the applicant.
Important Contact Information
|Indian Passport or Visa Service||Phone No.|
|Emergency Indian visa applications||[email protected]||NA|
|Emergency Indian passport services||[email protected]||NA|
|General Questions||[email protected]||9174447911 & 9174447752|
|Other questions about your application||https://www.in.ckgs.us/feedback/||NA|
VFS Global will be the new visa service provider in the U.S. starting November 2, 2020. They will announce a new fee structure for its passport and visa related services in all its diplomatic missions across the U.S.
Stay tuned to Path2USA for the latest updates on Indian passport, Indian visa and OCI services available in the U.S.