Employers to Begin Submitting Online Inquiries for Select Form I-129 Petitions

Petitioners who filed a form I-129, to request an extension of stay or change of employer can now submit an inquiry after their petition has been pending for 210 days or more, as of April 21, 2016. Inquiries can be submitted to USCIS online by selecting “case outside normal processing time”.

Form I-129, petition for a nonimmigrant worker, is for employers who wish to sponsor a foreign national for temporary employment in the United Sates. The form can be filed for temporary workers (H-1B, H-2C, H-2A, or H-3); aliens of extraordinary ability (O-1, O-2); artists, performers, or athletes (P-1, P-2, P-3, P-1S, P-2S, P-3S); cultural exchange visitors (Q-1); or religious workers (R-1).  Form I-129 can also be used for change of status or extension.

USCIS reminds all petitioners that if they move while their case is pending, they must submit a change of address on the USCIS website, or by calling the National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283. A Form AR-11 can also be sent by mail to inform USCIS of a change of address.