According to Thailand government spokesperson Chai Wacharonke, Thailand will waive visa requirements for Indian citizens allowing them to visit without a visa for up to 30 days from November 10, 2023 through May 10, 2024. This change is in an effort to boost tourism in Thailand, especially from India, which ranks Thailand’s fourth largest source of tourists. In addition to waiving visa requirements for Indians, Thailand has also waived requirements for Taiwan and China.
While getting a visa for traveling to Thailand for tourism purposes isn’t entirely difficult, not having to apply for a visa for a short trip saves time and also saves visitors from having to pay a $57 tourist visa fee. Considering how popular of a tourist destination Thailand is, this visa waiver for Indians will likely encourage higher rates of vacation and travel, especially considering that the flight time from India to Thailand only ranges from 2 to 4.5 hours depending on departure and destination cities.
Thailand Visa Requirements for Indians
Outside of this waiver period, Indians would need to obtain a Thailand visa in order to travel there for tourism purposes. Typically, you can get your visa upon arrival if staying for less than 15 days and arriving at certain designated airports. You may also apply for a visa online for faster processing when you arrive in Thailand.
Other requirements to obtain a Thailand visa include:
- A valid passport (must be valid for at least 30 days after your departure date)
- Return flight ticket within 15 days of arrival
- Proof of accommodations
- Recent passport photo
- At least 20,000 THB per person or 60,000 THB per family
- Passport must have at least 1 unused visa page
- Visa fee must be paid in cash only and in THB (if upon arrival visa)
Key Information About Thailand Visa Waiver
If you’re looking to take advantage of the Thailand visa requirement waiver for Indian citizens, keep in mind the following:
- The requirement to have a visa to visit Thailand is only for tourism purposes
- Must be traveling from November 10, 2023 through May 10, 2024
- Can only visit for up to 30 consecutive days
- Must still have a valid passport
Save money on visa fees and avoid the stress of having to go through the tourist visa application process and travel to Thailand as an Indian national visa-free starting this month. Happy travels!