The Visa Bulletin for April 2015 has been released by the U.S. Department of State (DOS). Each month, the Department of State publishes priority dates for various employment based and family based categories. The Visa Bulletin for this month shows continuing movement forward for Indian nationals.
Employment Based Preferences
The Visa Bulletin for this month brings important news for Indians in Employment Based Second Preference Category (EB-2) and Employment Based Third Preference Category (EB-3).
- Employment Based First Preference Category (EB-1)
- The cut-off date for EB-1 category remains current.
- Employment Based Second Preference Category (EB-2)
- The cut-off date for Indian nationals under EB-2 category moves forward by eight months to September 1, 2007.
- Employment Based Third Preference Category (EB-3)
- The cut-off date for Indians who are seeking approval of Immigrant Visa under Employment Based Third Category moves forward by one week to January 8, 2004.
- Employment Based Fourth Preference Category (EB-4)
- The cut-off date remains unchanged for EB-4 category.
- Employment Based Fifth Preference Category (EB-5)
- The cut-off date remains current for EB-5 preference category.
Family Based Preferences
- The cut-off date for Family Based second preference category (F2A) moves forward by five weeks to August 1, 2013 for the nationals of India.
- For all the other categories of Family based Preferences remains current.
A priority date means that the immigrant visas will be available to individuals whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date. Applicants under these employment and family based categories may file their application prior to the cut-off date in April.
To learn more about the current visa bulletin, Visa Bulletin Cutoff dates for green card applicants from retrogressed countries, visit our Visa Bulletin Section.