The Visa Bulletin for May 2015 has been released by the U.S. Department of State, containing the list of cut-off dates for immigration categories of different resident countries. This month’s visa bulletin brings a significant forward movement in EB-2 category for Indian nationals seeking approval of their immigrant visas.
Cut-Off Dates for Indian Applicants
Visa Bulletin May 2015 contains the cut-off dates for the following categories:
- Employment based second preference category (EB-2)
- The cut-off date has been advanced by 7 1/2 months to April 15, 2008.
- Employment based third preference category (EB-3) and other workers category
- The cut-off date has moved forward by 1 week to January 15, 2004.
- Family based First preference category (F1)
- The cut-off date has moved by 2 weeks to August 15, 2007.
- Family based second preference category (F2A)
- The cut-off date has been advanced by 1 month to September 1, 2013.
Immigration Categories that will Remain Current
The following categories will remain current for May 2015:
- Employment based First preference category (EB1)
- Employment based fourth preference category (EB4) and the Religious Workers category
- Employment based fifth preference category (EB5)
- Family based second preference category (F2B)
- Family based third preference category (F3)
- Family based fourth preference category (F4)
To learn more about the current visa bulletin, visit our Visa Bulletin section.