If you want the address to be changed in your passport the process required is the same as applying for re-issue of passport. You can apply either in person or by post and apply to a Cox & King Global Services application center depending on your Jurisdiction. You have to submit the required documents. Incomplete applications may result in delay or rejection.
Required Regular Documents for Change of Address in Indian Passport
The documents listed below are the same as those required for re-issue of passport.
- CKGS Order Form
- Online Application Form
- Filled and signed Checklist
- Original Passport with a photocopy
- Nationality Verification Form
- 3 recent passport-sized color photographs. 8 in case the passport has expired for more than 3 years.
- Photocopies of the 1st five and last 2 pages of the passport
- Notarized photocopy of valid visa
Additional documents required for change of address in Indian Passport
A notarized photocopy of any of the following proof of address is required:
- Driver's License
- Utility Bill such as water, gas, or electric bills.
- State ID
- Rental Lease Paper or Home Mortgage Bill
- Landline phone bill
- For applicants above the age of 60 who do not have such valid proofs of address a copy of their state ID can be submitted.
Only the documents listed above will be accepted as valid proofs of address.
Note: The Embassy/ Consulate has the right to ask for additional document and call the applicant for an interview if needed. Please check with the Embassy/Consulate/Passport Application Center in your jurisdiction for the required information.
Fee for change of address in Indian passport:
Below is the fee structure and total for change of name in a passport. The fee is subject to change without prior notice.
Payments must be made Online by Credit Card.
Your Fees include:
|A(Consular Fee)||Passport Fees||As per adult / minor and applicable category|
|ICWF - Indian Community Welfare Fund||$3|
|B(CKGS Fee)||CKGS Service Fee||$19.95 per application|
|Optional Fee||Courier Service, text message etc|
|Total Payment A+B|
(Source: BLS International Services Ltd)
Note: Tatkal Service for Change of Address in Indian Passport is also available and the fee is different from the regular service.