Dependent visa for students is required for dependents (immediate family) of somebody who is on a student visa. Dependents and the main student applicant can apply for US visa at the same time.
Documents for Dependent Visa:
- Passport, US visa fee receipt and interview appointment letter.
- Individual Form I-20 in original approved and signed by the University authority.
- A copy of the Form I-20 of the Principal Applicant.
- Photocopy of the Principal Applicantâ€™s valid visa (if applying separately).
- Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
- Original Birth certificate (for each child).
- Additional financial resources to support the dependants while in the United States.
Applicants with dependents must also provide:
- Proof of the studentâ€™s relationship to his/her spouse and/or children (e.g., marriage and birth certificates.);
- It is preferred that families apply for F-1 and F-2 visas at the same time, but if the spouse and children must apply separately at a later time, they should bring a copy of the student visa holderâ€™s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.