Thanks for the suggestion - I will apply for the VIsa along wit OCI also. I have a couple of questions on the OCI application process, and it will be great if you can clarify my doubts (have been trying to get in touch with SF consulate for this, but no luck)
1. Regarding the fee ($275), what are the payment methods (cashier’s check, Money Order, Cash, Credit card etc)? Also, if it is a check or Money Order, whom should I make it out to?
2. In the OCI form (Part B), I have a doubt regarding question # 16 on page 5 (shown below)
16. Does the country of applicant(s) permit dual citizenship in some form or the other?
If no, give specific details.
Can you tell me if the answer to this question is Yes, or No, for USA?
3. Can I and my Wife go in person to the consulate to apply for the OCI? If so, what is a good time to come over to the Consulate and do I need an appointment?
4. For all the documents (Indian Passport, US passport, US Citizenship certificate), are self attested photocopies acceptable, or do I need to bring in originals also?
Thanks once again for your help!