– Permanent residence in the US
– Ability to own property in the US
– Can travel between the US and your country of origin without needing a visitor or business visa
– May seek employment and work in the US without the need for a work visa or work authorization
– Register and run your own business in the US
– Study in the US
– Sponsor US immigrant visas for family members
– Apply for US citizenship after 5 years of residing in the US
– Same rights and protection as an American citizen
Employment-based green cards are obtained through sponsorship from an employer in the US.
Family-based green cards are obtained through sponsorship from a family member who already holds a green card in the US.
Here are some additional links and resources that will assist you with your green card application process.