Visitor Insurance for Parents
Among the millions of people who travel to the United States every year are many parents visiting their children who are living and working in the U.S. In fact, parents comprise a significant percentage of those traveling from countries like India to the U.S., and these parents may visit their children for a few weeks to several months.
Those living in the U.S. are well aware of the complexity and high cost of health care, but those visiting from other countries may not realize that it is so expensive and that medical care in America is not free.
Top Reasons Why Visitors Insurance is a Must for Parents
When parents visit the U.S., it is essential for them to have visitors insurance. Visitors insurance is critical for all travelers visiting the U.S. - including senior parents - for these reasons:
- Your parents deserve to have high-quality medical care.
- The U.S. healthcare system is very expensive - a single trip to the hospital can bankrupt most families. In the scheme of things, visitors insurance is relatively inexpensive when compared to the risk of having a medical problem while visiting the U.S.
- Simple accidents happen all the time - especially when unfamiliar with the surroundings - and a trip to the emergency room can mean thousands of dollars. The U.S. healthcare system requires payment for services and without an insurance plan, you will have to pay for medical treatment out of your pocket.
- If you have to be evacuated back to your home country for medical treatment, your insurance provider will coordinate and pay for the evacuation.
- An illness can happen anytime - the stress of travel, different surroundings, weather changes and more can cause your parent’s immune system to weaken and they get sick. If your parent must go to the hospital, the bill that results could jeopardize your financial security and your sponsorship without insurance to cover it.
- Those legally living and working in the U.S. have the opportunity and responsibility to buy health insurance, but that insurance cannot protect visitors to the United States. Visitors to the U.S. cannot be added to a health insurance plan paid for by those living and working in the U.S.
- As a legal resident, you may be held legally liable for the medical expenses incurred by those visiting you.
In addition, having a good travel medical insurance policy means true peace of mind. One that covers your parents for medical and travel emergencies ensures that you - and they - can trust that their visit to America, while not risk-free, will be free of the potential for financial disasters.
Some of the top plans for parents visiting the U.S. include Patriot America Plus, Safe Travels USA Comprehensive, Atlas America, Liaison Continent A, and Patriot America, as they all feature excellent PPO networks, reliable comprehensive coverage, and coverage for pre-existing conditions.
You can get a quote and purchase visitors insurance for parents online at VisitorsCoverage.com To purchase a policy, you will need the travelers names, passport numbers, and dates of birth.