Documents Required for L1 Visa Application
You will need the following documents when applying for your L-1 Visa:
- Completed Visa application Form DS-160
- Copy of Form DS-160 and L supplement
- The employee copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action, filed by your employer
You will need the following documents from the U.S. Company:
- Stock certificates
- Lease of business location
- Bank statement or wire transfer evidencing initial investment
- Audited accounting reports
- Corporate income tax return Form 1120 (if any)
- Employer's Quarterly Report Form 941 (if any)
- Description of company business
- Commercial contracts, invoices, bills of lading, letters of credit, etc.
- Bank statements
- Company letterhead
You will need the following documents from the Foreign Company:
- Business license
- Article of incorporation
- Income tax filings for the past three years
- Audited accounting reports
- Organizational chart, total number of employees, position held by the transferee
- Company brochure or product introduction
- Documents of business transactions (contracts, bills of lading, letters of credit)
- Bank statements or transactional records
- Company letterhead with company logo, name, and address
You will need the following documents from the Transferee:
- Payment statements
- Income tax records
- Organizational charts that shows your place in the organization
- Letter of reference from supervisors, colleagues, and others
- Description of your duties in a managerial or executive role
- Employment verification letter from the foreign company
- Board resolution or appointment documents verifying the transfer
- Any other documents showing transferee's capability to conduct business in the executive position
- If you possess â€œspecialized knowledgeâ€, provide patent and trademark registrations by you for your organization
Documents Required for L1 Visa Stamping
Once you receive the L1 approval petition original documents, the following is a list of required documents for L1 visa stamping purpose.
- L1 Visa application form confirmation page stamped at Visa Application Center (VAC), See a sample DS160 form.
- US Visa Application fee receipt
- US Visa Interview appointment letter
- Valid passport with at least 6 month validity from the date of visa interview
- All old passports held by the applicant
- Latest resume
- Copy of the L1 petition submitted to the USCIS
- Letter from Employer to consulate requesting L1 visa for you
- All other legal papers you received from your employer
- Two photographs 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background. To be used in the application Form.
- US consulates are very particular about the Photographs specifications. You must follow these guidelines for photographs required for US visa.
For current visa fees rate and payment details, please visit Current US Visa Fee.
For more information on applying for your L1 visa, read about the L1 Visa Application Process.