Premium Processing Resumes for H1-B Petitions
Starting today, June 1, 2020 USCIS has resumed the option of premium processing for Form I-129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker and Form I-140, Immigrant petition for Alien Workers. This will be done in phases over the next few weeks.
As predicted by Path2USA when USCIS had announced suspension of all premium processing options on March 20, 2020 the expectation was that premium processing will resume in May like last year.
Related Article: Premium Processing 2020 Suspended
In keeping with the social distancing norms of Covid-19, all USCIS offices had suspended all in-person services. They are scheduled to reopen non-emergent services on June 4, 2020.
Do you want your petition to be adjudicated in 14 days? L1 Visa?
Here’s how you go about it
When Will Premium Processing 2020 Begin?
While these dates are subject to change and depending upon workloads, USCIS will open up premium processing to additional petitioners, the current premium processing schedule is as follows –
June 1, 2020:
- All eligible Form I-140 petitions
June 8, 2020:
- All cap-exempt H1-B petitions filed until June 7, 202
- All non H1-B, Form I-129 petitions filed until June 7, 2020
- All H1-B petitioners seeking an extension of their visas from previous H1-B lotteries
June 15, 2020:
- All H1-B petitions for cap-exempt employers including nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization
- Cap-exempt petitioners eligible for the Conrad/IGA waiver under INA section 214(l)
- Other cap-exempt H1-B petitioners concurrently filed their I-907 with I-129 before June 7, 2020
June 22, 2020
- All H-1B cap-subject petitions for the 2021 lottery
- All F1 visa holders seeking change of status to H1-B
Are You Eligible For Premium Processing? L1 Visa?
Here’s everything you need to know
For those petitioners who are eligible for premium processing option, they will have their petitions adjudicated within 14 days for an additional fees of $1,440
Related Article: Fee For Premium Processing Hiked