L2 visa is issued to a dependent (Spouse of children) of a L1 visa holder.
Although the interview process is straight forward, consulate officer still want to make sure that the applicants are indeed are immediate family members( Spouse and children) of the L1 visa holder.
L2 visa can be applied along with L1 visa Or after the L1 visa issued.
Following are some of the common questions, you can expect during the interview.
Questions about the Visa
- What type/kind of visa are you applying for?
- When did your husband get his stamping?
- Why do you need a visa to USA?
- Why did you not come with your husband for the interview? ( If you are applying separately?)
- If going after spouse has left to USA: Why did you not leave with your spouse or why are you coming today for visa when you got married on so and so date?
- Who filed the visa application and where did you file it?
- Who made the interview appointment?
- I see that you have been rejected earlier, do you know why? (Possible question, if you have been rejected before)
Questions about Your Marriage
- When did you get married or what is your date of marriage?
- When did you meet your spouse for the first time?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- Where did you get married?
- Is your marriage registered?
- Can I see some wedding photographs?
- Can I see your marriage certificate?
Questions about You
- What do you do ?
- Where are you staying currently?
- Who are you staying with?
- Where will you stay in USA?
- Who will bare the expenses while you are in USA or who will financially support you in the US?
- Who will pay for your trip to the US?
- Do any of your relatives/friends live in USA?
- Do you plan to Work in US?
- Do you plan to Study in USA ?
Questions about your L1 visa spouse
- What is your spouse's date of birth?
- Which university did your spouse graduate from?
- What is your spouse's highest degree?
- Which company does your spouse work for?
- Who is sponsoring in your husbands L1 visa?
- Where is his employer located?
- Where are his clients located?
- What kind of work does your spouse do at the USA Company?
- How long has your spouse been in USA?
- How long has your spouse been working for the sponsoring company?
- What will you do after your visa is completed/expired?
- How much he is earning or what is the pay of your spouse or what is the annual income of your spouse?
- Can I see some pay stubs from your spouse's paycheck?
- Can I have a look at your spouse's bank statements?
- Have your spouse applied for green card?