Required Regular Documents for Change of Address in Indian Passport
The documents listed below are the same as those required for re-issue of passport.
- VFS Order Form
- Online Application Form
- Filled and signed Checklist
- Original Passport with a photocopy
- Nationality Verification Form
- 3 recent passport-sized color photographs. 8 in case the passport has expired for more than 3 years.
- Photocopies of the 1st five and last 2 pages of the passport
- Notarized photocopy of valid visa
Additional documents required for change of address in Indian Passport
A notarized photocopy of any of the following proof of address is required:
- Driver’s License
- Utility Bill such as water, gas, or electric bills.
- State ID
- Rental Lease Paper or Home Mortgage Bill
- Landline phone bill
- For applicants above the age of 60 who do not have such valid proofs of address a copy of their state ID can be submitted.
Only the documents listed above will be accepted as valid proofs of address.
NoteThe Embassy/ Consulate has the right to ask for additional document and call the applicant for an interview if needed. Please check with the Embassy/Consulate/Passport Application Center in your jurisdiction for the required information.
Fee for change of address in Indian passport:
Below is the fee structure and total for change of name in a passport. The fee is subject to change without prior notice.
Payments must be made Online by Credit Card.
Your Fees include:
|A(Consular Fee)||Passport Fees||As per adult / minor and applicable category|
|ICWF – Indian Community Welfare Fund||$2|
|B(VFS Global Fee)||VFS Service Fee||$15.50 per application|
|Optional Fee||Courier Service, text message etc|
|Total Payment A+B|
(Source: VFS Global Ltd)
NoteTatkal Service for Change of Address in Indian Passport is also available and the fee is different from the regular service.