When applying for an OCI card, there are fees associated. This includes applying for a new OCI card, and getting a replacement for a lost or stolen card.
Fees for OCI Card – What to Know
There are certain things you should know about the fee for the OCI card application:
- The payment should be made to “VFS Services (USA) Inc”.
- If the OCI card application is withdrawn in the middle of the application process, there will be no refund of application fee and service charges.
- The fee is non-refundable after the applicant submits the original passport.
- If the payment is not complete the application will be rejected or delayed.
- If the application is for the whole family, then the OCI fee for everyone can be paid in one payment, mailing fee in another payment, and surrender certificate in another.
- The fee should be attached only to the part A of the first applicant and not to each separate application.
- Payment can be made in cash, money order, cashier’s check, or banker’s check. If applying by post cash is not accepted.
- No personal checks are accepted.
- Non-US passport holders and non-USA nationals residing in the US for less than 2 years have to pay $20 additional fee as reference fee.
- A combined payment can be made for all the services.
The fee structure and total for OCI card is given below:
|Service||Consular Fee||ICWF Fee||Service Fee||Total|
|New OCI Card (Adult/Minor)||$275.00||$3.00||$15.90||$293.90|
|New OCI for PIO (In Lieu of Valid PIO Card)||$100.00||$3.00||$15.90||$118.90|
|New OCI Card (In Lieu of Lost PIO card)||$200.00||$3.00||$15.90||$218.90|
|OCI Miscellaneous Services||$25.00||$3.00||$15.90||$43.90|
|OCI In Lieu of Damaged/Lost OCI Card||$100.00||$3.00||$15.90||$118.90|
|Renunciation of OCI||$25.00||$3.00||$15.90||$43.90|
For more information on how to apply for a new OCI card and all applicable fees, visit the VFS Global website.