IMPORTANT NOTICEPIO Card scheme has been withdrawn and is now merged with OCI Card scheme. Applicants may only apply for an OCI Card.
After September 30, 2019, travelers to India have to have an OCI card in lieu of PIO card.
Certain things to know about fees related to a PIO/OCI application:
- If you are an PIO Card Holder, register through OCI Registration (In Lieu Of Valid PIO-Card) via VFS Global.
- If the payment is not complete the application will be rejected or delayed.
- Payment can be made in money order, cashier’s check, or banker’s check via post. You can also pay online using a Mastercard or Visa.
- If paying by money order, cashier’s check, or banker’s check, it should be made out to “VFS Services (USA) Inc.”
- No personal checks are accepted.
For more information on how to apply for an OCI card, visit the VFS Global website.