P4 Visa

The P-4 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for dependents of P visa holders that allows the spouses and children (under age 21) of P-1 visa, P-2 visa, and P-3 visa holders to accompany them in the United States. P-4 visa holders may not work in the United States, but may enroll in part-time or full-time academic studies.

P-4 visa holders may only stay in the US for as long as the period of stay of the P visa holder they are accompanying. Extensions are only granted to P-4 visa holders if their P visa spouse/parent is granted an extension.

P4 Visa Eligibility

Eligible applicants for the P-4 visa include:

  • Spouses of P-1, P-2, and P-3 visa holders; and
  • Children (under the age of 21) of P-1, P-2, and P-3 visa holders.

Applying for P4 Visa

P-4 applicants must complete Form DS-160, Application for Nonimmigrant Visa, online and pay the filing fees. Once approved, the US embassy or consulate will issue the P-4 visa.

P4 Visa Required Documents

Applicants must provide the following documentation with their P-4 visa application.

  • Proof of family relationship such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate
  • Copy of spouse/parent’s Notice of Action Form I-797
  • Valid passport
  • Copy of passport of principal P visa holder


Related Articles

Related Articles