P-4 visa holders may only stay in the US for as long as the period of stay of the P visa holder they are accompanying. Extensions are only granted to P-4 visa holders if their P visa spouse/parent is granted an extension.
P4 Visa Eligibility
Eligible applicants for the P-4 visa include:
- Spouses of P-1, P-2, and P-3 visa holders; and
- Children (under the age of 21) of P-1, P-2, and P-3 visa holders.
Applying for P4 Visa
P-4 applicants must complete Form DS-160, Application for Nonimmigrant Visa, online and pay the filing fees. Once approved, the US embassy or consulate will issue the P-4 visa.
P4 Visa Required Documents
Applicants must provide the following documentation with their P-4 visa application.
- Proof of family relationship such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate
- Copy of spouse/parent’s Notice of Action Form I-797
- Valid passport
- Copy of passport of principal P visa holder