Dependent Visa for Students

Dependent visa for students is required for dependents (immediate family) of somebody who is on a student visa. Dependents and the main student applicant can apply for US visa at the same time.
HomeUS Visa & ImmigrationDependent Visa for Students

Documents for Dependent Visa:

  • Passport, US visa fee receipt and interview appointment letter.
  • Individual Form I-20 in original approved and signed by the University authority.
  • A copy of the Form I-20 of the Principal Applicant.
  • Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
  • Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
  • Original Birth certificate (for each child).
  • Additional financial resources to support the dependants while in the United States.

Applicants with dependents must also provide:

  • Proof of the student’s relationship to his/her spouse and/or children (e.g., marriage and birth certificates.);
  • It is preferred that families apply for F-1 and F-2 visas at the same time, but if the spouse and children must apply separately at a later time, they should bring a copy of the student visa holder’s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.


Related Articles

Related Articles