Effective August 8, 2020 The Indian Aviation Ministry has instituted new guidelines for all travelers to India. While scheduled international flights are banned until August 31, 2020, repatriation flights and certain travel bubbles flights are being permitted to enter the Indian airspace.
What You Should Know Before Boarding A Flight To India
- All travelers to submit a self- declaration form 72 hours before boarding flight. This can be done on an online portal at www.newdelhiairport.in
- All travelers have to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine, of which seven days will be an institutional quarantine at the traveler’s expense and the remaining seven days will be isolated at their own home.
- For an exemption from the 14-day quarantine, travelers may notate on the online portal and will receive a decision from the Indian government on the portal. This should be appealed for at least 72 hours prior to date of travel.
- Exceptions to the institutional quarantine can be made by submitting a negative RT-PCR test. This should be submitted on the online portal and a copy shown on arrival at the New Delhi airport.
- All travelers should wear a mask through the flight hours.
- While one meal will be provided, you are allowed to carry your own food and hygiene products like hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial wipes.
- Download the Arogya Setu app on your mobile devices. This is a multi-lingual app that gives all incoming travelers information and direction about Covid testing and next steps.
What To Expect On Arriving In India
- A copy of the self-declaration form should be submitted to the health officials onsite.
- Thermal screening will be conducted for every traveler on arrival.
- Symptomatic travelers will be isolated and quarantined immediately in a government assigned medical facility.
- Travelers who have received an exemption from the institutional quarantine will be segregated from those who are to undergo the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- After the seven-day institutional quarantine, travelers who tested positive will be transferred to a Covid health facility.
- The others will be asked to self-quarantine in their homes for the remaining seven days.
Also Important To Know
- For eligibility, the RT-PCR test should be conducted under 96 hours prior to the date of travel.
- Apart from a negative Covid test, other reasons to be exempted from the institutional quarantine include situations of human distress, pregnancy, serious illness, and death in the family
- Thermal screening and temperature checks will be conducted at the departing airports.
- Only asymptomatic travelers will be allowed to board the flight to India.
- All travelers are expected to maintain proper social distancing