Is The November 2019 Visa Bulletin Indicative Of A Priority Date Slump For India?
The visa bulletin for November 2019 has been released and China is the only country that can claim any movement with little to nothing for India. Is this the official slump period for USCIS until things warm again during the employment based lottery next year? Path2USA had predicted this in the October 2019’s visa bulletin and looks like priority dates are going to remain static for a while.
China had seen a little movement last month and continues the same trend as seen this bulletin as well. Moving up in small bursts within both the employment-based categories and family based categories, China is the only country having anything to report. India gets no significant relief from priority dates moving about. It is important to note that one can make a move within the visa category only if the priority date is earlier than the action date listed within the visa bulletin.
Both India and China are oversubscribed within the employment-based categories. And any advancing movement can be a good thing. Following is a breakdown of all the changes within the employment-based categories –
- EB-1: Cutoff dates for most countries advanced from April 22, 2018, to June 1, 2018. While there was no EB-1 move for India, China date advanced from November 1, 2016, to February 1, 2017 – a small but a jump nevertheless.
- EB-2: Again, current for most countries except India and China. Another two month jump for China from January 1, 2015 to March 15, 2015. Disappointing move for India with a single day shift forward from May 12, 2009, to May 13, 2009.
- EB-3 China and India have stalled at cutoff dates of November 1, 2015, and January 1, 2009, respectively. All other cutoff dates are current in the EB3 category. To know the last effects on EB-3, find out if EB-1 is like EB-3 now
- EB-4 Little change except Mexico in which case the cutoff date has advanced from May 1, 2017, to July 22, 2017.
- EB-5: Current for all. China moves up to November 1, 2014 and India to December 8, 2017
Have you heard the latest on EB-5 minimum investments?
Arm yourself with the latest investment amount to qualify for EB-5 visa in the US
Following is a breakdown of all the changes within the family-based categories –
Application Final Action Dates
- FB-1 China and India made a big jump forward from March 1, 2013 to January 15, 2013
- FB-1 India and China moved forward by 1.5 months to July 15, 2013
- FB-2A remains current for all countries
Dates for Filing Visa Application
Take advantage of this situation and file for I-485 Adjustment of Status.
As we move on to the next visa bulletin for December 2019, stay tuned to see what Path2USA will have in store for its next analysis right here.