The following is the list of documents required to prepare for H4 visa stamping. Gathering all of these completed documents will ensure that your H4 visa application process goes smoothly.
- Completed non-immigration H4 visa application Form DS-160 stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC). Prepare a separate form for each applicant (See Sample Form DS-160)
- US visa application fee receipt
- US visa interview appointment letter, which will be sent to you visa email after making a US visa appointment online
- Valid passport of each applicant
- One photograph to attach to your application form: 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without a head covering, against a light background. Check out the guidelines for photograph required for US visa
- Receipt of your paid US visa application fee. Read more about the US visa fee here
- If the applicant is under 14 years of age, the original Birth Certificate of this applicant is required
- Original marriage certificate
- Wedding photo album
- A copy of marriage invitation card of both the families
- Complete copy of all the pages of your principal H1B’s passport
- Copy of principal H1B holder’s approved petition I-797, Form I-129 and LCA
- H1B visa holder’s employment verification letter (See a sample employment verification letter)
- Pay stubs from principal applicant’s current place of work and income tax return (if the H1 holder is already working in the U.S.)
When in doubt while preparing all of the necessary documentation, always opt for more information rather than less. Once you have collected all the relevant pieces of information, follow the next steps for how to apply and receive your visa.
If you are applying for an H4 EAD, see the list of required documents for H4 EAD.