Each applicant must have the following documents for the interview:
Must-have Documents for US Business visa
- US visa application form – DS-160 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC)
- Visa application fee receipt
- US Visa interview appointment letter
- Carry all old passports
- Each applicant irrespective of their age, must possess an individual passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond the intended period of stay.
Supporting documents required at the day of interview.
Since the basic criterion for a Business visa interview is to demonstrate the purpose of the visit being business related the applicant should show strong ties back in your home country. He should be able to convince the consular officer that he has a valid Business reason to travel to USA.
Below are some business visa documents that are highly recommended in order to strengthen your case.
- If you are employed and applying for the business visa sponsored by your employer/company – A letter from employer requesting the Visa for the applicant addressed to consulate, indicating the purpose and length of the trip as well as the company’s/ firm’s intent to bear the costs of the entire trip, including lodging, food, medical and other expenses.
- If you are a business owner, bring proof of funds ( Bank statements, copy of passbook, Tax returns) that demonstrate your ability to support your trip.
- Your business card ( if any).
- Bring all documents about company’s market and financial position with financial records, sources of funds, Tax papers and any Newspaper/press coverage or advertisement brochures about the company.
- If applicant is going to attend a business/educational/ commercial or professional seminar or conference you must have proof of the event registration, letter of invitation, brochure of event , any printed/media/website print-out having reference to this event.
NoteCarry all Originals for interview. Except the visa fee, most of the other documents will be given back after the interview.
AFTER B1 VISA INTERVIEW
No Indian currency can be carried out of the Indian airports beyond a certain point. Some cash is permissible for duty-free shopping purposes provided it is all spent. Beyond the final boarding point, RBI deters all Indian rupees from being carried out of the country.