Don’t get nervous with the term “interview”. The most important thing that you can carry with you is your self-confidence. Applicants who are well prepared, answer confidently, and have a genuine reason to apply for the visa are usually successful in getting the visa.
The first essential step toward a successful interview is preparation. The following H1B visa interview tips will help you best prepare for the interview..
- Get some information or general knowledge on what the visa is all about, the process, etc?
- Prepare for most commonly asked questions.
- Reach the consulate a little early.
- Ask for an interpreter if you are not conversant or confident in English.
- Fill all the forms/applications neatly and completely.
- Know what you have filled in the form, if you have taken guidance from others.
- Answer the questions truthfully.
- If getting copies of documents, ensure that the copies are readable.
- Verify that the names, date of birth, etc, are matching with the information in your passport.
- Organize your documents in proper logical order. A well organized and orderly set of documents will make it easier for you to find the right documents quickly during the interview, so you will not get nervous.
Image is often as important as content. What you look like and how you say something are just as important as what you say. So dress up formally and smile.
Provide to-the-point, clear, and concise answers. Do not provide any information that is not relevant or is not asked. (In many cases, this is where people make a mistake by giving unnecessary details that were not asked for).
- Be polite.
- Do not argue.
- Do not ask unnecessary questions.
During the Interview
- Greet the interviewer when you see him or her the first time.
- Communicate clearly. Do not hesitate to politely ask to repeat or rephrase the question if you don’t understand the question.